8% [ 8 ]
It looks terrible
8%
 8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 100
Wii U Pro Controller [pre-E3 info]
Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm by GP NEWS FEED
Wii U Pro Controller Revealed

During Nintendo Direct 6-3-12, Nintendo has revealed that the Wii U will support a traditional controller as well. No price was reveled, but here is a picture that …

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» sigh...
Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:55 am by kotsuumo

» Future soldier beta
Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 am by xamprince

» need ghost recon future soldier code.
Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 am by xamprince

» xbox code wanted
Sat May 25, 2013 12:04 pm by xamprince

» FREE Ghost Recon: Future Soldier BETA KEYS!!!! PS3 + Xbox 360
Sat May 25, 2013 11:57 am by xamprince

» Could this be the next step forward or is it a doomed dream?
Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:45 pm by SuitFace

» Still no release date
Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm by SuitFace

» Wii U Pro Controller [pre-E3 info]
Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm by GP NEWS FEED

» Fanfiction time! 8D
Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm by silver bunny

» Oh **** yes, The Last Story is coming to NA
Thu May 31, 2012 8:24 pm by SuitFace

» Anyone playing Metal Gear Online?
Thu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm by SuitFace

» NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......
Thu May 31, 2012 8:18 pm by SuitFace

» Max Payne 3 ships with two disc for the Xbox 360 & it's not a port.
Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm by SuitFace

» Weclome H E R O Posters
Sat May 19, 2012 9:59 pm by SuitFace

» Ghost Recon Alpha - Official HD Film
Thu May 17, 2012 12:35 am by sknmak

Gaming Pyro Navigation
 News
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 

NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GP NEWS FEED

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 42

PostSubject: NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......   Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Next PlayStation is codenamed "Orbis"

Update: PlayStation Orbis will supposedly include smartphone features

Update: 3-29-12

Today I was reading a bit more into the PS Orbis rumors. It apears that someone is hiding "something". According to Kotaku the Coque Design firm is supposedly working with Sony. The design group had drawn and posted pictures online. The drawings were listed as "Illustrations & Sketches for new PlayStation Orbis features". The pictures have been removed from the site.

The picture appears to have a device on the top of the TV that is similar to the Eyetoy. As expected the people in the picture are having fun. They also appear to be singing. There is a person that is holding a smartphone. The smartphone appears to be communicating with the PlayStation Orbis and the Eyetoy. It isn't specified what smartphone capabilities will be available. However, I have came up with a few of my own ideas.

Possible smartphone capabilities

*Transferring data to and from the PS Orbis. This includes save data, PSN data video and perhaps music files.

*Download information from your PC\Mac and transfer to the PS Orbis.

*You could use the PS Orbis to transfer mini games to your smartphone. Play the mini games while on the go. Upload the "new" data to the PS Orbis. Just think how Sega had the VMU which allowed gamers to download mini games on the go and re-upload them to the game with new attributes [SA chao anyone?]

*This might be a little bit out there, but you could use your phone as a controller for retro games that won't require a lot of buttons. Hey this is just a thought.

Those are all of the ideas I have for now. If you have anymore ideas just post them below. I will post more information as we get.

3-28-11

Today there has been speculation and rumors about the next PlayStation that is said to be currently in development. However, no one knows what it will be called. We can guess that it will have the number "4" in the title. The next PlayStation is codenamed "Orbis". As we know codenames usually never makes it over to the retail title. That's the rumored name and that's all we know about the title so far.

Mirror mirror on the wall....should I buy Blu Ray disc or Download them all?
The PlayStation "Orbis" supposedly allows different ways to purchase full retail releases on console. Supposedly you can do one of two things:

*Purchase a hard copy of the game [Blu-Ray disc]
*Or purchase a digital copy of the game.

This method isn't new to the PC community. The console community has joined the digital distribution industry this generation. Consoles games are usually available for download after a title has been released after a set period of time. The downloadable re-releases are usually over priced anyways. All this might sound fine, however, there is a catch. The next PlayStation console is rumored to force all gamers to have a PSN account. This appears to be Sony's countermeasure for the rival "used game industry". When you download a game or purchase a new game on Blu-Ray, that game will be locked to your PSN account. It has also be rumored that new game purchase will be locked to a specific console instead of individual PSN accounts. What this ultimately means is that if you do not purchase games new you will not be able to play them in their entirety. Other than that it has been rumored that used games have some sort of timed trail for gamers to test out the games. After the trail you'll be notified to purchase the full game. This could also lock away futures such as multiplayer or downloadable content. I'm not to sure about the locking content, however this could be very likely. The downfall of this method could be the minority of gamers who do not use the internet full time. Then again just about everyone has some form of internet connection. This has also been a rumor following Microsoft next console.

PlayStation Orbis will not be backwards compatible

Another thing you might want to know is that the next PlayStation console [Orbis] will not be backwards compatible with the current PS3 software\games. As you know the PS3 initially shipped with backwards compatible hardware. After awhile Sony finally dropped the idea altogether and stopped making backwards compatible software available for all future PS3 consoles. At least this time we aren't expecting it. We are still waiting on the official word from Sony.

PlayStation Orbis Specs:

It has been "reported" rumored that "Orbis" can display resolution up to 4096x2160 and 3D resolution up to 1080p. If I remember correctly the PS3 can only go up to 720p, but I think it might not be so pretty if devs try to go higher on the PS3 platform. So "Orbis" is probably going to have a really nice graphics card inside of it.

The specs are something to be speculated. it seems Sony is stepping their game up and moving in the x64 bit data processing direction. Orbis is rumored to have these two hardware components inside:

*AMD Southern Islands GPU [28nm AMD Radeon GPUs]
*AMD x64 CPU

This is a great rumor. Even more for the the AMD Southern Islands GPU rumor. The Southern Islands GPU's are pretty new. So hopefully we won't have to worry about outdated tech in the graphics department. If this is true it looks like Sony will attempt to dominate in every category. AMD is capable of producing some great graphics and CPU technology. x64 is a must if we go by todays standards and latest technology. Let's hope Sony will cut a few cost so the consumers won't have to pay to much at retail prices.

Price Speculation

Speaking of "retail" prices, the next PlayStation console is rumored to be released in 2013 during the holiday season. I think that rumor could be true. There have been no info about the price. We will have to wait for more info and\or rumors to be released.

I will post more information as I get it.What are you looking forward to with the next PlayStation codenamed Orbis console. Just in case you are wondering, you can call it the the "PS4". Everyone else is including myself Very Happy

Last edited by GP NEWS FEED on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Resulli

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 314

PostSubject: Re: NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......   Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Hmm...no PS3 backwards compatibility is a slight problem but not horrible.

As long as they still put some games up for download on PSN.

Still, good to see Bluray is still what they are doing cuz it's the way to go for disc-based tech.
Back to top Go down
Nocturnal

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 860

PostSubject: Re: NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:14 am

Well I would personally like to see BC. Glad it's not going to be like the PS3 with a half baked ass BC.

What really worries me the most is the used game policy that is rumored to be on the PS4 and the next Xbox. I like buying used games. I don't want to be forced to always purchase new titles.
Back to top Go down
Reese88

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 72

PostSubject: Re: NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......   Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:33 pm

i agree with you Nocturnal
Back to top Go down
Reese88

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 72

PostSubject: Re: NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......   Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:15 pm

no PS3 backwards compatibility -_- still gets to me..
Back to top Go down
SuitFace

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 33

PostSubject: Re: NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......   Thu May 31, 2012 8:18 pm

All of these anti-used game measures really bother me. I still buy games that were made over ten years ago, and I don't see why companies should care about used games after they get old enough. Unless they plan to remove such restrictions at some point, no one will be able to experience a game once it goes out of print. I would never have been able to get into the Silent Hill series if these measures had been possible years ago, and that's a scary thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......   

Back to top Go down

NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1